Avixi is one of 9 social insurance funds in Belgium. Social insurance funds are officially recognized bodies that have been authorized by the Belgian government to look after the legal rights and duties of self-employed people, to deal with all the paperwork and to liaise with the various public authorities, as required by Belgian law.
What makes Avixi different from other social insurance funds?
- We have been operating since 1967.
- We are independent. That means we collaborate with partners in the social services sector in Belgium, but without being tied to them.
- We offer a personalized service, tailored to your needs.
- Our administrators have an average of 25 years of experience in the job.
- You will be assigned your own account manager, who will handle all aspects of your registration with the fund.
- We provide a very rapid service.
- You can contact us any time if you have questions or need help.
- We don’t make extra charges for legal advice, copies of legal documents or additional services.
At Avixi we welcome all categories of self-employed workers:
- If your self-employed activity is your primary occupation
- If your self-employed activity is a complementary occupation
- If you are a self-employed person working for yourself
- Managing directors / CEOs of companies
- Active partners in partnerships
- Self-employed helpers
- Self-employed professionals
Before you can join a social insurance fund, you have to register as a self-employed person in Belgium and, where applicable, with the VAT authorities. The first thing you have to do is to apply for an enterprise number and register with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises (in English CBE, or in French BCE, or in Dutch KBO), indicating the precise nature of the economic activity you plan to engage in as a self-employed person.
At Avixi we can offer you the services of our Eunomia one-stop shop business service (or enterprise counter), that will take care of this for you.
For more information about Avixi and the services for self-employed workers we offer, go to our website, or send an email.