Hire a Lawyer
A business environment is closely related to some judicial aspects in which the intervention of a lawyer might be desirable and (sometimes) even indispensable. Especially when you have the intention to try to enter the Belgian market. Some reasons why you should hire a Belgian expert in legal matters:
- the legislation in Belgium is different from the legislation into your home country,
- it will cost you more time to understand the local Belgian regulations and laws, even in case that you understand the language used in Belgium
- it’s always better to avoid problems rather than fix them later when you are confronted to a rule you have never heard of,
- and finally not having a lawyer will cost you more if you think about the value of broken agreements and lost claims.
Areas of legal practice
A law firm can assist and advise you on:
- the establishment of a company,
- drafting contracts and policies,
- distribution agreements,
- mergers and acquisitions,
- directors liability,
- debt collection,
- intellectual property protection,
- data protection,
A lawyer also counsels you and defends your interests in all court proceedings.
Important to mention is that Belgian lawyers are bound to professional secrecy. This principle is one of the basic values of the legal profession and guarantees the confidentiality between client and lawyer. The information that a client entrusts to his lawyer, is confidential and may not be made public, unless that is necessary for the defense of the client. Also the discussions between lawyers are confidential.
The Belgian law is complex. Do you have a legal question about starting a business? Get legal advice from a specialist in business related legal matters.